U.S. Immigration Lawyer


Immigrating to the U.S. to live and work is a complicated legal process with many forms to fill out. A single mistake can result in a loss of time, money and ultimately the rejection of your application. The team at Seif Law Firm has extensive experience and has successfully helped many Canadians make new lives in the U.S. For every case, a licensed U.S. lawyer will review all of your documentation.

Here are some of the services we offer our clients when it comes to U.S. immigration: 

Spousal and Family

Are you looking to sponsor a spouse or other family member so they can attain permanent residency in the United States? Our team of lawyers can help you acquire a Family Sponsorship Visa. Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas pertain to your spouse, children or elderly parents. Family Preference Immigrant Visas apply to distant relatives, in-laws and their children.

TN Visas
(nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional)

This application is the fastest way to get a work visa in the U.S. Most Canadians are eligible for a TN Visa based on the United States, Mexico, Canada Agreement (USMCA), formerly known as NAFTA. These types of visas can be obtained right at the border or airport. All you need is the proper documentation, which an experienced immigration lawyer at Seif Law Firm can help you complete with no problem.

L-1 Intracompany Transferees
(new company)

This application is for non-American employees looking to join a company that has just decided to expand into the United States. The L-1 is designed for immigrant employees of these companies which have been operating in the United States for less than one year. The L-1 is good for one year before the company must apply for renewal and provide evidence of U.S. operations.

L-1 Intracompany Transferees
(existing company)

This type of L-1 is for the transfer of non-American citizens from outside the U.S. to an affiliate, subsidiary or parent company with a branch in the United States. It’s the company that must petition on behalf of the employee. The employee in question must have worked for the company for at least one year and worked outside the U.S. for a minimum of one of the past three years. Canadians may apply for this L-1 at the port of entry. Non-Canadians can apply at their local U.S. consulate or embassy in their country of citizenship or current residence.

E Visas

These types of visas can only be obtained if the applicants meet a certain set of requirements. In some cases, these types of visas can be granted and certain requirements may be waived to make permanent residency more attainable. This is all based on skill set, experience and your potential contributions to the national interest of the United States economy.

EB-1 Extraordinary ability

To qualify for this visa, you need to exhibit and prove your extraordinary ability in business, education, sciences or athletics. You do not need an offer of employment but your achievements and experience must come with a good amount of documentation confirming that you are recognized in your field for your extraordinary ability. You must also prove that you are coming to the U.S. to continue your career. The Seif Law team can help you collect documentation and prepare your application for review by the governing body. 

EB-2 National Interest Waivers

Again, the granting of this waiver allows you to live and work in the U.S. permanently while skipping the labour-certification requirement. This visa was created for professionals with advanced degrees and abilities that would contribute to the national interest of the United States. The Seif Law team will help you fill out the proper forms so the governing body can properly and promptly review your petition. 

PERM Labor Certification and EB-3

This type of visa is very common and requires proof of a job offer, otherwise known as labour certification, to qualify. The EB-3 applies to skilled workers, unskilled workers and professionals who must be able to demonstrate the skills required for the position and have at least two years of experience in their chosen field. 

EB-5 Investors

The EB-5 program for immigrant investors allows foreign investment in American businesses while also granting permanent residence in the U.S. for Canadians who invest at least USD 1.8-million in a commercial business venture that creates full-time jobs for Americans. The required investment is even less if the enterprise in question is located in a so-called Targeted Employment Area (TEA). Applicants are given conditional permanent resident status for 24 months before they can apply to have all conditions stripped away, leaving you an official resident of the United States. The children and spouses of the original investor may also be granted full citizenship after two years. Submitting your application for the immigrant investor program is a tricky and complicated process that can be made much simpler by teaming up with a professional immigration attorney like the ones at Seif Law Firm.

Citizenship and immigration paperwork

Let’s Get Started

No matter your situation, the Seif Law team is standing by to guide you through this process. Your case will be thoroughly reviewed by a licensed U.S. lawyer who will prepare your application and advise you every step of the way. We are proud to offer all of our clients a hassle-free experience as we help you fulfill all of your personal and career goals. Contact us today for a free consultation.