Notary Public Service in Richmond Hill and Toronto
Having been called to the bar in Ontario, the lawyers at Seif Law Firm also provide a Notary Public service (sometimes referred to as a “Commissioner of Oaths”). They have a lifetime appointment, and their commission never expires. Such notary services are normally needed in one of the two following scenarios:
Notarizing Signatures on Legal Documents:
In this case, you may need your signature on official legal documents (such as an affidavit, statutory declaration, government form etc.) authenticated before a Notary Public. Accordingly, you will sign the document in front of the lawyer, and he will authenticate it if it matches the signature on your IDs.
Certifying True Copies of Original Documents:
Such notarizations involve taking a photocopy of your document (whether it is a form of identification or if they are transcripts, degrees, diplomas, certificates etc.) and certifying them as true copies of the original documents which have not been altered in any way.
What Do I Need to Bring in Order to Get My Documents Notarized?
You will need to bring the following to your appointment for notary services:
- Document to be Notarized: If the document requires you to write information on to it, please fill in all of the applicable spaces and information beforehand. Also, please remember to not sign any documents you want notarized until you are in the presence of the lawyer.
- 2 Pieces of Unexpired ID: You will need to bring in the following types of identification:
- Primary ID: This must be a government-issued photo ID (eg. Driver’s License, Canadian Passport, Citizenship Card, Permanent Resident Card etc.)
- Secondary ID: The second piece of ID could simply be another photo ID as per the above list, or it could be a non-photo ID such as a SIN Card or a Credit Card.
- ***NOTE***: We cannot accept Health Cards as a valid form of ID
Can You Provide Me With Legal Advice About The Documents Being Notarized?
No, our lawyers cannot provide you with legal advice about the documents being notarized.
As the documents our lawyers notarize for you may eventually be sent to all different types of government agencies, courts, or other authorities (whether in Canada or a different country), they cannot provide you with advice about what those institutions require or the next steps to take in your matter. All they can do is follow your instructions and notarize the documents based on the requirements for a Notary Public in Ontario.
Can You Draft a Document to be Notarized for Me?
Our lawyers have experience drafting a number of documents for our clients, including but not limited to the following:
Consent to Travel Letters
Please note that there will be additional fees involved with drafting documents for you, and it will be very important for you to provide specific instructions about all of the information and details you want included in your documents.
Contact Us Today!
Seif Law offers quality and professional notary public services & our clients approach us from all over the GTA including: Thornhill, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Woodbridge, King City, Aurora, Newmarket & more. If you’re looking for professional advice, please contact us. We will help you achieve your goals in a cost effective way.